Are you curious about what goes on in Ithaca off campus? Well you’re in luck! Here are many of the engaging things to do in Ithaca. Go and have fun!
Note: This page is a work in progress and always will be. If you have suggestions to improve the page in anyway (format, missing events, new categories, etc.) then send an email to honors (at) ithaca (dot) edu.
How to Get Around:
- TCAT info coming soon!
- Visit the gorges! They are beautiful all year long. Check out Ithaca Falls, Buttermilk, Taughannock, and many more! Not sure where they are or how to get there? Visit Ithaca has you covered.
- FLLT Hikes: The Finger Lakes Land Trust maintains a number of trails for public use in the Ithaca area and beyond.
- OREC (Outdoor Recreation Equipment Center): Do you want to go camping but don’t have the equipment? No worries! OREC can help you. It is located in the Fitness Center and you can look at their available equipment and prices here: Outdoor Recreation Equipment Center website
- Ithaca Farmers Market: Lots of food and craft vendors right next to beautiful Cayuga Lake. More information on its website.
Fall 2016 Events:
- 9/30-10/2 Apple Fest: One of Ithaca’s downtown festivals all about apples and fall! Lots of apple-related foods plus craft vendors, music and more food. Check out the different vendors and music schedule here.
- 10/8 Ithaca Celtic Festival: At Stewart Park you can come listen to bagpipes, watch Irish dancing, and more! Not sure what Scottish heavy athletics are? Then this is the festival for you! More information here.
- 10/8 through 10/25 Friends of the Library Book Sale: Do you like books? Of course you do. Do you like buying used books to support a library? If you said yes, then go to the book sale to stock up on reading material (and games and movies and more). More information here.
- 10/28-10/30 Wizarding Weekend: Downtown Ithaca transforms into something out of a Harry Potter book. Drink Butterbeer, go on a hunt for Horcruxes and walk around Diagon Alley. Schedule of events here.
- 11/5 Brunch Fest: There’s no information out about what this event really is but brunch is in the title so it can’t be too bad. We’ll let you know when we know more about this delicious-sounding event.
- 11/9-11/13 Ithaca Fantastik Film Festival: This festival features films in the “sci-fi, fantasy, thriller, horror, or the absurd” genres. More information here.
- 12/10-12/12 Ithaca Ice Festival: Ice carving, dance performances, and a Chowder Cook-Off. More information here.