Help the City of Ithaca’s Cable Access Oversight Committee conduct an outreach campaign to promote the use of the Public Access facility (known as PEGASYS). Background information on PEGASYS is below.
Possible goals of this outreach are:
- To promote the benefit of public access programming as the voice of the community
- To raise the visibility of the availability of public access equipment and facilities
- To increase participation in the creation and distribution of public access content
The City of Ithaca’s Cable Access Oversight Committee oversees various components of the Cable Franchise Agreement between the City of Ithaca and Time Warner Cable (now Charter Communications/Spectrum). The Committee consists of five voting members, three from the City of Ithaca (one of which is a member of Common Council); one from the Town of Ithaca and one from Cayuga Heights. A representative of Time Warner Cable (Charter Communications) shall serve as a nonvoting, ex-officio member of the Committee.
The Access Oversight Committee oversees the operations of the PEG (Public, Educational, Government) Access Studio to ensure the availability of the studio and equipment on a nondiscriminatory basis. The Access Oversight Committee establishes usage fees for the use of access equipment and/or facilities to access users who do not reside in participating municipalities.
PEGASYS Access TV Center is the public, educational and governmental access television center in Ithaca, NY. Community members can learn to use camcorders, editing software and a television studio to make their own TV shows for Channel 13/97-1 – and beyond!
- Training starts with a free orientation and a tour of the facilities.
- Studio and field production training are available monthly.
- No pre-registration for the orientation is required.
- Location: 612 W. Green St., Ithaca.