You are invited to participate in the 2019 Women Leaders Series, personal and professional development programs designed to enhance opportunities for college women student leaders. This year’s theme is The Power of Our Stories, and we are excited to offer a variety of amazing speakers and events!
The Office of Student Engagement, in collaboration with other offices and student organizations, presents the 7th annual Women Leaders Series (WLS) at Ithaca College. All WLS workshops are free and open to all current Ithaca College students – and you can receive Student Leadership Institute credit for all events!
This week’s workshops and events:
- LGBTQ Film Series Screening of Woman on Fire held on Tuesday, March 19 at 6:00pm in Textor 103
- The Joy of Speaking Truth to Power held on Wednesday, March 20 from 4:00-5:00pm in Taughannock Falls Room, presented by Zillah Eisenstein, Professor of Anti-Racist Feminist Theory, Emeritus
- Standards and Stereotypes: How to Change Expectations of Women in the Workplace held on Wednesday, March 20 at 8:00pm in Park 279, sponsored by IC Women in Communications
- Is Your Network Working? held on Thursday, March 21 from 12:10-1pm in Gannett 319, presented by Delphia Howze, Director of Employee Relations and Development
- Radical Candor: How to Live and Lead with Integrity, held on Thursday, March 21 from 4:00-5:00pm in Taughannock Falls Room, presented by Jess Shapiro, Assistant Director of the Campus Center
- Conversations & Connections held on Friday, March 22, 5:00-7:00pm, Co-sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement, the IC Women’s Mentoring Network, and the Ithaca College BOLD Women’s Leadership Network. Participants MUST register!
- Women in Leadership Experience held on Saturday, March 23 9:00am-6:00pm in Seneca Falls, New York REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Next week’s workshops and events:
- Empowered Women Empower Women: Supporting Others While Being True To Yourself held on Tuesday, March 26 at 12:10-1:00 PM in Gannett 319, presented by Bri Alderman, Associate Director of Admission, and Lisa Searle, Associate Director of Admission
- She’s First- a first generation student panel held on Tuesday, March 26 at 6:00pm in Cayuga Lake Room, Coordinated by Leticia Lynch ‘19
- TIME for ILHAN Screening and Discussion held on Tuesday, March 26 at 7:30pm, Textor 102, hosted by IC Feminists United
- White Women: The Failures and Successes of White Women in Activism and Leadership held on Wednesday, March 27 from 4:00-5:00pm in Taughannock Falls Room, presented by Maggie Wetter, Title IX Deputy Coordinator
- Started from the Bottom…Now We’re Here held on Wednesday, March 27 at 5:00pm in Ithaca Falls Room, hosted by Ithaca Women in Business Network
- Queen Strength Panel Presentation, Thursday, March 28 at 3:00pm in Cayuga Lake Room, presented by Gabriela Urbaez-Mendez ‘21 and Arietou Amadou-Wattara ‘19
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact OSE at email@example.com or (607) 274-3222. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.