Are you looking to expand your social activism into good public policy? If so, The Maxwell School Public Policy Camp is for you. On Friday, September 28 from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm at Syracuse University’s Maxwell School, there will be a free camp put on by APPAM (Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management). Not only is the camp free, but parking is free and partial travel subsidies will be available to students based upon mileage.
The camp’s mission is aimed at introducing the field of public policy to a group of students who might not otherwise be familiar with it and increasing the pipeline of diverse students into APPAM institutional member graduate public policy and public affairs schools.
Through this camp participants will:
· engage with students from across NY State, Maxwell School faculty and our alumni on public and social issues,
· learn about the skills that can transform social activism into good public policy,
· meet leaders who live and work in the policy field,
· explore the career possibilities gained by having a public policy and administration skill set,
· leave excited about public policy as an academic, personal and professional pathway.