Each year, The Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs (OSEMA) sponsors a group of students to attend the African American Student Leadership Experience (AASLE); a four-day intensive experience where students from PWIs and HBCUs are challenged to put theory into practice, thus having a leadership experience in real time. Applications are now open as OSEMA seeks 10 student leaders to attend as delegates for Ithaca College.
- Applications can be found HERE. Or: https://orgsync.com/90192/forms/221276
- Applications will close on Monday, October 23 @ 11:59PM.
- Conference Dates: Thursday, January 4- Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Location: Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, Washington, DC
- Conference registration, hotel accommodations, as well as lunch and dinner for each day will be covered by OSEMA. We are able to provide support for travel arrangements to Washington DC (more information in the application).
- Students need not identify as “African American” to apply. This experience brings together various communities- offering tracks with a focus on Asian/Asian American, Pacific Islander (AAPI) and Chicano/Hispanic/Latinx (CHL) communities.
- Sophomores and Juniors are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any specific questions please email Rahk Lash, Assistant Director for Multicultural Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.