If you are looking to spend some time in Ithaca this summer consider applying to be an Orientation Leader. A number of Honors students have done this in the past. They are looking for individuals who have demonstrated potential in the following (sounds like Honors students to me):
- Personable and approachable– not necessarily extroverted
- Academic achievement– able to role model and mentor new students about navigating academic expectations
- Assist new students with preparation for class registration– We do extensive training about the ICC; however, experience is very much welcomed!
- Critical thinking skills and maturity
- Successfully work as part of a diverse team
- Responsible, flexible, and present in their work
- Clear communication skills– facilitate one-one conversations and small group discussions, and relay information to new students, family members, faculty and staff
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively
- Enthusiastic about Ithaca College
Applications are due Feb 18, 2015 at 5:00pm. The application is HERE.